CDAM Mission Statement
To Promote Expertise in the area of criminal law, constitutional law and procedure and to improve trial and appellate advocacy; and to improve the quality of legal representation for persons brought into the criminal and quasi-criminal justice system.
To Educate the bench, bar and public of the need for quality and integrity in defense services and representation; and to promote enlightened thought concerning alternatives to the present criminal justice system.
To Guard against erosion of the rights and privileges guaranteed by the United States and Michigan Constitutions and laws.
• Seminars with a “nuts and bolts” approach to continuing legal education.
• Two-day training conferences for an intensive refresher approach to continuing legall education, including trial advocacy workshop.
• By appearing as Amicus Curiae in important precedent setting cases.
• By contributing legal expertise to death penalty issues in Michigan.
• About legislative changes through the developing CDAM legislative network.
• By representation of the criminal defense bar’s views before State and Legislative bodies.